Monday, December 6, 2010

The Place of the Temple

 D and J spent the last few days together.  After a couple of days they called me and asked, "How did you do this?"  "Do what?"  I asked.  "How did you have three little kids all at the same time?"  I just laughed and told them I did not know.  But then I sat down to plan a lesson on marriage for RS/Priesthood on Sunday.

I do know how I did it.  I went to the temple often during those years.  I went as often as I could all during the years I lived in Maryland.  For many months I went weekly, but most of the time I went every  month.  For 5 years I worked there, helping other sisters have experiences there.  That is how I did it, girls.  Over the years I spent a lot of time in the temple.
 


I went to the temple with Dad, with friends and alone during those years..  I love going to the temple by myself.  There is such peace there and when I don't have to talk to anyone I really enjoy it.

I was busy with babies, kids, callings, home and all it entails, jobs, and Dad. I was in the Primary, YW, and RS.  I taught seminary and went to girl's camp.  I had a paper route and worked for a real estate agent.  I taught school, took tickets at HS football games, and worked the clock and scoreboard at basketball games.  It was great!  And I found time to get the to temple. 

Now I always go with Dad.  and it is great. Sometimes we do sealings for his family, and it delightful to kneel across the alter from him again.  Other times we go our own way and I like doing work that involves only women as we provide ordinances for other women.

The temple is a place for a direct connection to deity.  It is calm, peaceful, clean and  I can feel all my negative, frustration, anger slide away while I am there.  It allows me to start over, remember who I really am and what is really important.  It is a place of help, hope, and healing.  Don't feel like you are good enough? Don't feel like you have enough time? Just don't feel like it?  Go anyway.

It will heal you.  It will strengthen you.  It will calm you.  You will become more than you can become any other way.  You will have ideas, find solutions, know what to do next, and you will find your life headed in the right directions.  So go.  Get a baby sitter and Go Often.  At least go regularly. 



No comments:

Post a Comment