Saturday, January 15, 2011

I Hate the Tee Bar

I am afraid of skiing.  The first trip every year is the same. My heart starts pounding when we drive into the parking lot.  By the time I am on the chair lift my mouth is dry and my palms are sweaty.  On Thursday I had the same experience.  Then I found that the chair lift was closed and I had to ride the Tee Bar lift. Great!! I am worse on the Tee Bar than on the chair lift.  I was able to attach myself to the Tee Bar and start up the mountain.  I did not fall down. I was pleased and feeling comfortable.   I made it to the top and started to move away from the lift.  Then I got my coat caught on the cross bar of the Tee Bar and found myself being dragged on the snow headed back down the mountain.

I panicked. And screamed JEFF!  What could he do?  He was on the Tee Bar behind me.  As I was headed for the down side of the mountain, I managed to get the bottom of my coat removed from Tee Bar and there I lay on the snow with Jeff, on the Tee Bar, headed right for me.  This was just not looking good. 

I tried to scoot out of the way.  No luck.  As Jeff came next to me, I reached out my pole and he pulled me up.  It was over and we skied on our way.   It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment