Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Man

There are things about Jeff that bother me, that irritate me, that make me feel so impatient.  But there are so many more things about him that I love and appreciate. Because the things that irritate are so RIGHT THERE, the wonderful things are sometimes ignored.  BUT I want the world to know what a good man he is, how much I appreciate all that he is.  Therefore...

  •  When I come home from work and I find the dishes done and the bed made, I sigh with contentment.
  • When he cuddles up in bed and wraps himself all around me, I am warm.  (when he is away, I am never warm in bed, unless I am having a hot flash and hot flashes never warm me all the way to my toes.)
  • He always takes out the trash and the compost, even when the snow is knee deep.
  • He is willing to wash the car (because I want him to) even in the freezing cold weather of January and February.
  • Sometimes his eyes well up when he looks at me for no reason other than he loves me.
  • He sings along with the IPod.
  • He is artistic.  His specialty is outside landscaping.  His masterpieces makes me smile when I come home or step out onto the deck.
  • He loves his garden and proves it with his work. 
  • The deer in our woods love him.  In the summer while he works in the garden they will come to the field and watch him while they nibble the clover, and in the winter he feeds them nearly every day.
  • He feeds the turkeys and deer all winter long.  He seldom misses a day.
  • I love when he suggests the hot tub.  Even when I don't really want to go out, I do, and I am always glad I did.
  • He looks GREAT in a white shirt and jeans.
  • He loves our kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment